Saturday, November 5, 2011

Going home...

So this is the view I look at every Friday evening when I'm on route back to my family.  I spend a lot of times on planes these days commuting 3 1/2 hours between work and family. I'm the modern day commuter mom. 

I miss my boys so much. Did I mention that my four year old son is my official sous chef? I like to refer to him as the Chef de Cuisine of the Yellow House. I'm planning my next cake adventure on this plane ride right now.  I've got two in the works-  Dark chocolate espresso cake with a chocolate ganache and lemon butter cake with a salted caramel apple swirl. Fancy; yes. Very very me; yes.
I actually didn't think of the salted caramel apple until I saw that little American flag on the tip of my airplane that made me feel very patriotic.

It's a strange duality I'm living right now. Working lady in her high heel during the week and baking mommy with her a four year helping in his own pint sized oven mitts on the weekends. I know I'm not alone in this duality.

I so look forward to this view; it means I'm going home.  I'll let you know how the cakes turn out... And if there are any leftovers this weekend I will ship them to Elyzabeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment